What to Wear to Class
- To begin your classes, wear a hard soled, enclosed and low heeled [1 inch] or flat shoe. Please no sandals, sneakers, high heels or bare feet. We have a locker full of second-hand flamenco shoes [San Francisco studio ONLY] available for new students to borrow during the class hour, if they fit.
- If you wish to purchase shoes, please see [below] what we recommend. Proper shoes will make a difference in your studies!
- When buying shoes, please purchase shoes with nails on the heel and toe.
- Attire: A leotard or comfortable top and long full skirt or pants are OK to begin your classes.
- Hard soled shoes, comfortable pants and shirt to dance in.
Where to Purchase
- Ale Flamenco! Cute and inexpensive skirts and more! Local San Francisco seamstress Kris has some items pre-made and more made-to-order. By appointment, please contact Kris through her website.
When buying shoes, please purchase shoes with nails on the heel and toe. It’s best to get the 5cm (or 5.5cm, depending on brand) heel or lower for the best comfort and stability.
- San Francisco Dancewear has closed permanently.
- Dancer De Jour
1927 Menalto Ave., Menlo Park, CA 94025
Phone # 650-321-4000. Monday-Thursday 1-7pm, Saturday and Sunday 1-5pm, closed Friday – Please call to confirm. They carry women’s beginner flamenco shoes. When buying shoes, please purchase shoes with nails on the heel and toe.
Beginner through professional level flamenco shoes, made in Spain. Online ordering, or for questions, contact the New York City store ~ 1-212-541-8401 or firstname.lastname@example.org. When buying shoes, please purchase shoes with nails on the heel and toe.
- Flamenco West
Professional grade flamenco shoes made in Spain by Senovilla. They also carry flamenco clothing and accessories. When buying shoes, please purchase shoes with nails on the heel and toe.
- Karina Shoes carries women’s shoes.
The Mexican Folkloric boot is our suggestion for men and boys. It is a good beginner shoe and you can try them on at Casa Folklorica, please call first.
- Casa Folklorica
57 Marlow Drive, Oakland, CA 94546
Phone # 510-562-6046
- Men’s Boots Online ordering from Karina Shoes.
- Men’s Boots Online ordering from Menkes/Americas
- Men’s Boots Online ordering from Flamenco West